On 5 March 2018, The Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA, previously known as the FSB) held the first Market Conduct Regulatory Framework Committee meeting, at the FSCA office in Pretoria.
In the meeting an update was provided to the committee on current statistics and number of key issues were addressed, namely:
- Twin Peaks and Market Conduct
- Retail Distribution Review
- Cross cutting projects
- FAIS Competency Model
- FAIS Conduct of Business Return
- Insurance Conduct of Business Reforms: Regulations and PPRs
- Insurance Conduct of Business Return
- Consumer Education Sub-Committee
As one of the key participants and representative of the intermediaries, the FIA was requested to communicate to members to create awareness with their members, on the Insurance Act envisaged to take effect on 1 July 2018.
For the full minutes please click on the link provided below: