Keep up to date with the latest developments in the financial planning and advice space, hear from leading local and international experts, add to your knowledge set, and expand your business network while you’re at it.
2019 marks the 30th annual FPI Professionals Convention, one of the most significant events for financial planning professionals in South Africa. The convention has a proud history of hosting the best local and international speakers on topics that add value to South Africa’s financial planners and advisors. This year’s event – which has been built around a central theme of Adding Value – promises not to disappoint.
“We will not only explore the changes in the regulatory environment but also how clients are choosing to engage with financial planners, says Adv Ntai Phoofolo CFP®, Chairman of the Institute. “We will differentiate ourselves by hearing from award-winning practices on how they adjusted their businesses to thrive in the new environment.”
What’s in it for me?
The event, which is not restricted to FPI members, attracts over 1 000 delegates annually, not to mention important exhibitors and sponsors. The convention not only keeps you up to date with new developments and trends, but puts you in touch with regulators, policymakers and industry captains.
Other benefits include:
- Take home copies of presentations by the fabulous speakers (more about them later).
- Insights from ten leading local and international subject matter experts.
- All-important Continuing Professional Development points.
Who will be speaking?
With a lineup of 14 highly-qualified speakers from diverse professional backgrounds, the 2019 roster is our most impressive yet. Highlights include:
- Dr Moira Somers, a leading Canadian financial psychologist and author of the international bestseller Advice that Sticks: How to Give Financial Advice that People Will Follow, will show you how psychological factors impact the financial behaviours of those around you and give you the tools to give more effective financial advice.
- Brett Davidson is the founder of FP Advance and the Uncover Your Business Potential program. Professional Adviser magazine has rated him one of the Top 50 Most Influential people in UK financial services on three occasions. He’s worked closely with hundreds of financial planning firms in the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands to make their businesses more fun, client-focused, and profitable. Now is South Africa’s chance.
- Sandro Forte, a professional speaker and life coach, has addressed hundreds of gatherings in more than 70 countries. Learn how to Be the Best You Can Be is a ‘route-map’ for all those who want to make it to the top. Sandro will be sharing ideas which have helped him build and grow his business, Forte Financial, and he will do so in a manner that inspires you to take action.
- Caroline Da Silva, who heads up Regulatory Policy for the FSCA, will provide insight into the latest regulatory changes and direction. Delegates will also have a chance to provide questions during registration that will be posed to Caroline. This is your chance to engage directly with the regulator.
- Three South African Practices will share one thing that has made them unique and contributed to their success. Delegates will have the opportunity to frame questions on day one, which will be answered in a panel interview on day two
- The convention takes place at the Sandton Convention Centre on 17 and 18 July 2019.
- The two-day events costs R6000 for FPI members and R6900 for non-members.
- Significant discounts are available for groups of more than five people.
- Tickets to the gala dinner come at an additional cost.
- Out-of-town attendees can enjoy discounted rates at the Sandton Sun.
Join us to celebrate a new way forward for the FPI
“The 30th annual convention is a milestone for the profession to take time to reflect and introspect,” says Adv Phoofolo CFP®. “It is an opportunity for all FPI members to network with peers and to carry the passion of the presenter forward in conversation both at the convention and back in their practices.”
Book your seat at www.fpi.co.za/events. You don’t have to be a member to benefit from the event.