The FIA Power Sessions 2018 came to a close on 27 February 2018, after five days of insightful and informative sessions. These took place in five regions around South Africa. The first session was held in George on 15 February, setting the bar for all the sessions to follow – East London, Durban, Johannesburg and Cape Town.
The “2018: the year advice changed the world” theme sessions lived up to its name. Good quality financial advice and challenging thought-leadership topics were tackled by a great speaker line-up of formidable industry players. They explored a different perspective on value and benefits to businesses.
If you missed it click on the presentations below for a recap:
- Impact of the amendment to the binder regulations. New policyholder protection rules. How does this impact FIA members? by Hollard Insure
- 2018: The year advice changed the world by Tracker
- How to apply for funding, why brokers pay skills levies and what the FIA and INSETA are planning to do together in 2018 by INSETA
- From cigarette boxes to FAIS compliance by IUM
- The importance of advice within the SASRIA distribution channel by SASRIA
- The power within by Victor Vermeulen
The sessions were attended by intermediaries from across the industry, as well as from our non-intermediary partners. We were overwhelmed with the attendance and the positive engagement that took place during these sessions, which proved to us that these sessions really add value for the intermediary community.
The #FIAPower Sessions saw a different element to the event when the world renowned motivational speaker, Victor Vermeulen was introduced to the programme. Victor has touched many, such as Nelson Mandela and other international personalities. Delegates were deeply moved by his talk on how he stood against the odds after his tragic injury that changed his whole life. This motivated and positively changed the attendees’ outlook on life.
Congratulations to the winners of the R2 500 cash prize lucky draws.